We at Holycode are currently looking for a Senior React Developer, who is ready to dive into a young Swiss company Athlyts, for a full-time engagement, here in our Belgrade office.
Athlyts is a cloud-based technology platform digitizing the ecosystem of young talent and athletes. It is accessible through a range of web-based applications, and access is free with no strings attached. We’re already one of the most used apps in Switzerland across 20+ sports, and growing fast in the rest of Europe. Our ambition is to elevate the world of sports by building cutting-edge infrastructure for any coach, team, club or federation to use, no matter the sport or budget. In this journey we’re backed by world-renowned athletes and entrepreneurs, and we’re excited to welcome you to the team!
We are looking for a senior frontend developer to help us build new features for our apps, which are actively used by thousands of competitive athletes and coaches every day.
What will you be working on?
- Develop user facing features in our apps
- Write backend code using Firebase Cloud Functions
- Review code of team members
- Collaborate with the team on architectural decisions
- Collaborate with product team on shaping the product
- Building and enhancing reusable components for our internal UI library
What can you expect?
- Modern browsers only, we aim to support the latest 2 major versions of the common browsers (Chrome, Safari Desktop & iOS, Firefox, Edge)
- Cutting edge technology stack (React, Typescript, Firebase)
- Very small team, individual impact is huge. You get to touch every part of the system: backend, frontend, ci/cd pipelines, you name it.
- No bureaucracy overhead, your code is going into production without too many obstacles. We do continuous delivery, so no waiting for the next release in 2 month to get your feature in the user’s hands.
- No rigid processes, we just want to get stuff done!
- You get full flexibility. We work mostly asynchronously and hence don’t care at all if you work at 3AM in the morning or at 3PM in the afternoon. With it comes responsibility though, we want to ship things!
- You can actively steer the tech and product direction.
- You get to work on a product that affects a great number of people everyday. Your contributions will be very visible.
- Flat hierarchies, everyone is within arms reach. We promote an environment that is very open to new ideas and suggestions.
- All necessary equipment to get you setup
What do we expect?
- You have 5+ years of experience working on production-level rich web applications (ideally using React).
- You have experience with writing statically typed code in Typescript. We heavily rely on this tool, so you should like modeling things with types and not feel like you have to make the compiler happy.
- You have a desire to not only learn new things but also teach us new things!
- You have a problem solving attitude and want to get things done. You always strive for the optimal path but are never afraid of pragmatic solutions.
- You have a desire to move fast while not neglecting code quality.
- You want to have an impact with what you’re doing. You love to go the extra mile to create the best user experience possible.
- You like (love?) to write tests. You understand that they can help you to move fast when used appropriately.
- You have a desire to own responsibility. We have a very flat hierarchy, so we expect you to be responsible for lots of decisions.
- You want to understand how things work instead of just assembling Lego blocks.
- Having experience with the concepts of functional programming is a plus (the practical stuff, not lambda calculus).
- Having experience with data modeling for NoSQL databases is a plus.
- You are proficient in spoken and written English.
- High-growth company in which you can find exciting and trend-setting challenges
- Amazing product to work on
- Great working atmosphere in an open minded multinational team
- All necessary equipment – up to you to decide what you prefer
- The budget for professional improvement (courses, conferences, books…)
- Budget for the mastery of the English language during the working hours
- Nice office in Belgrade
- Fully stocked kitchen (tea, coffee, fruits, soft drinks, snacks…)
- Tournaments of table tennis, table soccer, and darts in our office
- Skilled and senior co-workers
- Opportunities to build products that really make a difference
- Opportunities to learn and grow with us