We are currently looking for an experienced QA (Manual) Engineer to join our Ava team – digital health startup with the aim to revolutionize women’s health. Ava works on wearable device, smart app and proprietary predictive algorithms empower women by giving them unique clinically researched insights and personalized data about their menstrual cycle, fertile window, and pregnancy delivered in a way that’s convenient and non-invasive. Ava is a global, award-winning brand with strong social network communities.
Things you’ll work on:
- Review software specifications, provide feedback and plan testing activities together with the existing QA team.
- Create concise, comprehensive and well-structured test plans based on specifications.
- Write test reports in compliance with our quality management system and ensure timely delivery of documentation.
- Manually test our Android and iOS apps based on defined test cases.
- Manually test our firmware based on defined test cases.
- Contribute to our existing automated testing frameworks, following the guidelines set by QA Team Lead and other more senior team members.
- Work closely together with the development team and ensure high quality of upcoming releases.
- Plan releases with the team and run full regression and smoke tests.
- Create bug reports, support our customer success team and work with the development team on resolution of issues.
- Keep track of your work, support the documentation of test plans and reports and make sure to follow Ava’s development process.
- At least 5 years of experience as a QA Engineer.
- Previous experience in writing test plans and reports covering complex software requirements.
- Strong understanding of common testing principles and methodologies.
- Understanding of software development lifecycles in a regulated industry with experience in medical device software development is a big plus.
- Knowledge of distributed version control systems, like Git or Mercurial.
- Experience in testing mobile applications.
- Experience in testing backends (HTTP via Postman, DB scripts, etc.)
- Experience in agile software development and tools (Scrum, Jira).
- Fluency in English (German and other European languages are a plus).
- Experience with various automation/DevOps tooling (Jenkins, Unix console, AWS, etc.) is a big plus.
What we can offer you:
- High-growth company in which you can find an exciting and trend-setting challenges
- Familial working atmosphere in an open-minded multinational team
- All necessary equipment
- Budget for professional development (courses, conferences, books…)
- Budget for the mastery of the English language during the working hours
- Budget for the mastery of the German language after the working hours
- Skilled and senior co-workers
- Opportunities to build products that really make a difference
- Opportunities to learn and grow with us