We are currently looking for an experienced Platform/Team Lead Android to join our Ava team – digital health startup with the aim to revolutionize women’s health. Ava works on wearable device, smart app and proprietary predictive algorithms empower women by giving them unique clinically researched insights and personalized data about their menstrual cycle, fertile window, and pregnancy delivered in a way that’s convenient and non-invasive. Ava is a global, award-winning brand with strong social network communities.
Things you’ll work on:
- Be the technical lead for our Android team and coordinate development activities with Engineering Manager, Software Architect and Product Managers
- Estimate development efforts together with the team and provide detailed implementation planning
- Understand and review software requirements, identify potential issues and contribute to required documentation
- Discuss and decide on Android architecture and detailed design together with the software development team and Software Architect
- Coordinate work of Android and iOS teams, together with iOS Team Lead, making sure that both teams are working in same direction.
- Track team progress, resolve and escalate issues if needed and ensure timely delivery of Android features
- Do code reviews, support the software development team during implementation with active contribution to code if required and ensure unified development standards
- Plan releases together with project team and DevOps Engineer and make sure that our applications are stable, secure and scalable
- Ensure that Ava’s QMS (Quality Management System= is embraced by the Android team and advocate for best engineering practices
- Manage the Android team, including vacation planning in line with the product and release roadmap and the remainder of the software development team
- Ensure continuous personal and professional growth of team members, give feedback and do performance reviews
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in computer science, electrical engineering or a related field
- At least 5 years of working experience as a professional software developer
- +2 years experience in managing a team of at least 4 people with proven track record of mentoring and
- coaching team members
- Broad technical understanding and hands-on experience in at least 3 of the following technologies: Kotlin, Firebase, Bluetooth (BLE), RxJava, Dagger, REST APIs.
- Good understanding of software development lifecycles in a regulated industry with experience in medical device software development and knowledge of relevant norms and guidelines (IEC 62304) is a big plus
- Understanding DevOps principles as well as Apple/iOS ecosystem is a big plus.
- Willingness to work flexibly, in an interdisciplinary and international environment, depending on the current project status
- Strong analytical skills and process-oriented work style with a structured, independent approach to work and focus on getting things done
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to adjust to the audience
- Stress-resistant, even in fast-paced and busy situations
- Fluency in English (German and other European languages are a plus).
What we can offer you:
- High-growth company in which you can find an exciting and trend-setting challenges
- Familial working atmosphere in an open-minded multinational team
- All necessary equipment
- Budget for professional development (courses, conferences, books…)
- Budget for the mastery of the English language during the working hours
- Budget for the mastery of the German language after the working hours
- Skilled and senior co-workers
- Opportunities to build products that really make a difference
- Opportunities to learn and grow with us