We are currently looking for an Android Developer with strong skills and proven experience who is ready to dive into the Smallpdf team, for a full-time engagement, to join our team of passionate IT professionals, here in our Belgrade office.
Smallpdf is the most used online PDF software and belongs to the 400 most visited websites worldwide with over 30 million users per month. The 7-year-old company is one of the most recognized and awarded startups in Switzerland and has the ambition to simplify the life of its customers.
As a senior team full of passion for design, engineering, and business we create remarkable user experiences. Join our cross-functional team and have a direct impact on how over 30 million users worldwide work with documents.
As an Android Developer at Smallpdf you will help us to create a great mobile app. You will develop an app with cool and useful features and further improve it. You will be part of a small, cross-functional product team including design, engineering and data specialists. Ideally, you have experience with consumer-facing products.
Challenging things you’ll work on:
- Develop a forward-looking mobile product
- Collaborate closely in a multi-disciplinary team to define and ship an app that will grow with the product
- Implement, test and deliver new features for our Android app
- Own your solution and be responsible from development to delivery to monitoring
- Work with other developers, product owners, designers and other stakeholders on product discovery
- Work closely with our team to tie the mobile app to our existing infrastructure
Your contribution to the team includes:
- 2+ years of experience in developing Android apps
- Knowledge of native Android software engineering (Java/Kotlin)
- Experience with Android SDKs and related frameworks
- Knowledge of REST APIs and their integration in mobile applications
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies and to cope with complex challenges in software engineering
- Can excel independently and have a sense of ownership for your own work
- Work data-driven and independently
- Fluent in English
- Full-time position
- Willing to travel a few times per year to Zurich
Why you will love working here:
- Become part of a highly motivated and international team that pushes boundaries
- Personally impact a successful & rapidly growing startup
- Work in small teams that have a direct impact on tools that are used by millions of users
- High-growth company in which you can find exciting and trend-setting challenges
- Familial working atmosphere in an open-minded multinational team
- All necessary equipment – up to you to decide what you prefer
- A budget for professional improvement (courses, conferences, books…)
- Budget for the mastery of English and German languages during the working hours